Monday, October 14, 2013

Juan Romero (1932-1996)

Unsure where I've been not to have known the work of Juan Romero before this morning, I will simply express my joy at the discovery.  The timing is perfect, for word came early today and over the weekend of friends in whose lives serious road accidents have played too prominent a part.  Both have survived and will heal but in the meantime, pain and fear and uncertainty.  We know beauty can help relieve those.  Then the oft-mentioned Alice Vegrova shared three of Romero's works.  Quickly Googling, I acknowledge the result:  this seems to be love.   See for yourselves.
All paintings by Juan Romero.
I wish I knew my way around a Blogger template better, for these need to be seen BIG or BIGGER.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...


indeed - get a bigger template I wanna see them big!
they are simple and innocent and lively.. hope they bring lots of cheer.

Marylinn Kelly said...

Denise - They brought the needed cheer and thrill of discovery yesterday. I always want the photos bigger. Hmmm, perhaps I need to do something about that. xo

Melissa Green said...

These are just beautiful, Marylinn. So glad they offered a little balm this week. xoxo

Marylinn Kelly said...

Melissa - They did ease the day. What amazes me is how little, almost none at all, information is available on this painter. Surprising. xo

Matthew Van Sickle and Anna McHugh said...

Juan Romero is still alive and painting!

http://www.birimbao.es/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=80&Itemid=59