Friday, May 21, 2010

Rubbermoon, in black and white



These are two of my 90 designs currently available from Rubbermoon, found here.

The site also features images from dollmaker Jane Cather and Dave Brethauer, founder of Memory Box.

During the time I created samples for Debra Valoff, Rubbermoon's owner and tireless holder of every job, wearer of every hat for the company for more than 16 years, I found that her selection of illustrations from the various designers on her team worked seamlessly together. Something Rubbermoon does extremely well is allow you to tell a wordless story using just their pictures. Their signature look is stamped images, brought to life with colored pencils. At the opening of their website, an animated pencil appears to add color to the page. It is worth visiting. P.S. The row of cats could be inked individually with a brush-tip pen to allow use of each cat as you like, rather than together in a line.

5 comments:

Donna B. said...

AWESOME!! I LOVE the cats. Miss you visiting me...know you must be VERY BUSY. hugs...

Seth said...

Very cool images here. I really love the first one!

Teresa aka Tess said...

Those cats are adorable. I love cats, have three live ones myslef. I must check out more of your stamp designs. They are awesome...

Anonymous said...

Marylinn:

this is your muse speaking.

I want more of your art in this blog. You are being miserly with the world.

stop it.

xxx

Lisa H said...

...and where's the ever-fabulous Bat Girl?
I agree with Grrl, you're holding back.....